Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 am Post subject: 8 most common signs of radiation
8 most common signs of radiation
1. Nausea and vomiting are typical early symptoms of radiation sickness.
The higher the dose of irradiation, the faster they appear and the worse the overall prognosis. Irradiation is the process by which an item is exposed to radiation.
If vomiting begins one hour after irradiation, death is probable. Very often, people who suffered radiation exposure first feel awful, but then improve. As a rule, however, more severe symptoms occur in a few hours, days or even weeks.
2. Nose bleeding often occurs with radiation sickness.
Blood of the throat, bleeding gums or blood from the rectum are also signs that radiation has impacted the body. Bleeding bruises occur, sometimes hematemesis.
The bleeding is caused by the radiation reducing the number of platelets that clot blood in the body.
3. Diarrhea, sometimes bloody: Burning, or "hits" are common. "Hits” along the body’s cells that rapidly reproduce, including in the digestive tract cells. Irradiation causes irritation of the digestive organs that can cause diarrhea, sometimes bloody diarrhea.
4. Severe sunburn appearance
Skin exposed to radiation can become red and covered with blisters as though strongly sunburned. In some cases, ulcers appear and in others, the skin may climb in round pattern.
5. Hair loss
One of the most common signs of radiation poisoning is hair loss, as cancer survivors note soon after radiation treatment.
Radiation damages hair follicles so people being radiated usually oblyseet two or three weeks. In some cases, the hair loss is irreparable.
6. Fatigue and exhaustion
Radiation sickness causes weakness that feels similar to the flu and is often mistaken for "having the flu." Decreasing the number of red blood cells results in anemia and increased risk of fainting.
7. Mouth sores: Radiation sickness causes ulcers on lips or and in the mouth. Similar ulcers occur inside the esophagus, stomach and intestines.
8. Infection susceptibility: Radiation acts on white blood cells responsible for resisting infections, so people become more susceptible to viruses, bacteria and fungal diseases
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum