The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
MidEast Quartet newsMideast Quartet demands Israel freeze all settlements,
condemn East Jerusalem building
In so doing they bring GOD's curse upon each them.
I'm glad I did not vote for Obama!
I saw a prophecy before elections that anyone who voted for Obama would be cursed because they cursed America with their vote.
March 19, 2010
The so-called Quartet of Middle East mediators called on Israel to freeze all settlement activities and denounced Israel's aim to build new housing in East Jerusalem Friday.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon read a joint statement by the members — Russia, the United States, the U.N. and the European Union — following a Quartet meeting in Moscow.
"The Quartet urges the government of Israel to freeze all settlement activities ... and to refrain from demolitions and evictions," said the statement read by Ban.
It "condemns the decision by the government of Israel to advance planning for new housing units in East Jerusalem."
Those plans this month caused prospects for indirect Israeli-Palestinian talks to collapse.
Relations between Washington and Israel were frayed after Israel unveiled plans for 1,600 fresh housing units in East Jerusalem, which Palestinians view as the capital of their future state, during a visit by Vice President Joe Biden last week.
The Palestinians say they will not go ahead with plans for indirect peace talks unless the housing scheme is scrapped.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in Moscow for the Quartet meeting, discussed steps to improve the outlook for Israeli-Palestinian peace by telephone with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday.
Netanyahu's spokesman Nir Chefetz said the Israeli leader had proposed some "mutual confidence-building steps" that both Israel and the Palestinians could take in the West Bank. He declined to spell these out.
Clinton met her Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, Ban, E.U. foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and Quartet Representative Tony Blair over a closed dinner on Thursday evening before Friday's formal meeting.
The Quartet was formed in 2002 in Spain to assist in mediating an end to escalating violence in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It last met on the margins of the U.N. General Assembly in September.
But its results so far have been meager, leading some analysts to dismiss it as an expensive club for diplomats.
Moscow had originally hoped to organize a full-scale international conference on the Middle East this year but the lack of progress on Israeli-Palestinian peace talks has forced Russia to settle instead for hosting a Quartet meeting.
Posted <*)))>< by
ZionsCRY NEWS with Prophetic Commentary
CHAT - click here
Quartet meeting delayed
March 10, 2011
Reasons unclear. Haha! The only reason is because the Palestinian devils are getting their way all over the world, why should they give an inch to Israel who they HATE.
The Quartet has put off a key meeting until April to discuss the useless diplomatic process. Waste of time.
The meeting between US, EU, Russia and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was originally planned for mid- March on the sidelines of a meeting of the G20 in Paris.
THAT is interesting. No good comes from the G-20.
Israel is concerned the Quartet might adopt a position at its next meeting tilting toward the Palestinian demand for a state along the 1967 lines
and calling for Jerusalem to be the capital of both Israel and a future Palestinian state.
No Palestine without the critical Jordan Valley
Palestinian statehood advancing rapidly
October 10, 2011
The Evil Middle East Quartet (USA, EU, UN and Russia) will invite Israeli and
Palestinian representatives for peace talks in an attempt to restart negotiations stalled since 2008
Quartet Envoys and Tony Blair to meet negotiators on October 26th in Jerusalem
10/17/11 Quartet Envoys and Representative Tony Blair will meet separately with Israeli and Palestinian officials on October 26th in Jerusalem as part of the international community's bid to see a resumption of negotiations between the parties.
US State Department spokesman Mark Toner announced Monday that the Quartet will be meeting with the parties next week "with the aim to begin preparations and develop an agenda for proceeding in the negotiations."
"I think that we’re making progress. This is an important step... we believe it’s going to be productive and that – again, it’s a stepping stone along that timetable that was laid out by the Quartet that will hopefully lead back to direct negotiations,” the spokesman added, confirming that the Quartet was still working to the timetable set out in the statement agreed in New York on 23rd September.
"We’re going to continue working along that framework. We believe that the quickest way to resolve all of these outstanding issues is for both parties to get back to the negotiating tables. That’s our goal. That’s where our focus remains."
September's Quartet statement reiterated its urgent appeal to the parties to overcome the current obstacles and resume direct bilateral Israeli -Palestinian negotiations without delay or preconditions. But it accepts that meeting, in itself, will not re-establish the trust necessary for such a negotiation to succeed. It therefore proposes the following
1. Within a month there will be a preparatory meeting between the parties to agree an agenda and method of proceeding in the negotiation.
2. At that meeting there will be a commitment by both sides that the objective of any negotiation is to reach an agreement within a timeframe agreed to by the parties but not longer than the end of 2012.
The Quartet expects the parties to come forward with comprehensive proposals within three months on territory and security, and to have made substantial progress within six months. To that end, the
Quartet will convene an international conference in Moscow, in consultation with the parties, at the appropriate time.
3. There will be a Donors Conference at which the international community will give full and sustained support to the Palestinian Authority state-building actions developed by Prime Minister Fayyad
under the leadership of President Abbas.
4. The Quartet recognizes the achievements of the Palestinian Authority in preparing institutions for statehood as evidenced in reports to the Ad Hoc Liaison Committee, and stresses the need to
preserve and build on them. In this regard, the members of the Quartet will consult to identify additional steps they can actively support towards Palestinian statehood individually and together, to
secure in accordance with existing procedures significantly greater independence and sovereignty for the Palestinian Authority over its affairs.
5. The Quartet calls upon the parties to refrain from provocative actions if negotiations are to be effective. The Quartet reiterated the obligations of both parties under the Roadmap.
6. The Quartet committed to remain actively involved and to encourage and review progress. The Quartet agreed to meet regularly and to task the envoys and the Quartet Representative to intensify
their cooperation, including by meeting prior to the parties’ preparatory meeting, and to formulate recommendations for Quartet action.
Quartet concerned over ongoing settler violence
April 12, 2012 QUARTET - Satan's pals
Clinton, Ban, Lavrov and Ashton meet in Washington, voice concern over 'continued settlement activity,' urge int'l community to ensure $1.1 billion donation to PA. Netanyahu calls for direct talks with Abbas
The Middle East Quartet expressed concern on Monday over "ongoing settler violence and incitement in the West Bank" and called on Israel to take "effective measures, including bringing the perpetrators of such acts to justice.
Senior Quartet officials, including United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton — met in Washington, where they expressed concern about "unilateral and provocative" actions by the Palestinians or Israel, including "continued settlement activity, which cannot prejudge the outcome of negotiations, the only way to a just and durable solution to the conflict."
The officials were joined by Quartet Representative Tony Blair and by Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh.
In a statement issued following the meeting, the senior diplomats called on the international community to ensure the contribution of $1.1 billion in assistance to meet the Palestinian Authority’s 2012 recurrent financing requirements.
The Quartet noted with concern the "increasing fragility of developments on the ground and called on the parties to work constructively together to take concrete steps to address the Palestinian Authority’s fiscal challenges, preserve and build on the Palestinian Authority’s institutional gains, and expand economic opportunities for the Palestinian people."
The Quartet reaffirmed its commitment to "examine possible mechanisms it can actively support going forward, individually and together, to advance peace efforts and strengthen the Palestinian Authority’s ability to meet the full range of civil and security needs of the Palestinian people both now and in a future state."